Calvert Family Practice Associates
- At Calvert Family Practice Associates we are committed to excellence in the delivery of medical care.
- Our mission is to be the best medical office in Calvert County.
- We are committed to being an enthusiastic team, dedicated to creating a medical home for our patients and promoting their lifelong medical health.
- Our number one priority is the emotional and physical well-being of our patient and we will strive to make each interaction as pleasant and rewarding as possible.
- We will treat our patients with utmost respect and tact, and be clear in our communications with them regarding medical care, finances, and health education, to better serve the cause of quality family medicine.
About our Medical Staff
At Calvert Family Practice Associates, our entire focus is on caring for you and your family in a friendly, welcoming, compassionate environment. To that end, we have built a medical practice in which good doctors practice good medicine with proven technologies that deliver proven treatments; and in which patients feel cared for, respected and valued as individual human beings.
All Calvert Family Practice physicians are members of the American Academy of Family Physicians. Our professional care providers include:
- J. Michael Brooks, M.D.
- William M. Duggan, M.D.
- Michelle A. Folsom, M.D.
- Heather J. Montgomery, CRNP
Welcome to Calvert Family Practice Associates
We welcome you as a patient, and appreciate the opportunity to become your Family Medical Home.
Family Physicians are specialists and qualified to care for the entire family. We treat patients of all ages -- from newborn babies to senior citizens. Instead of specializing in only one limited medical area, Family Physicians are highly trained in all major medical areas — pediatrics, internal medicine, gynecology, minor surgery, geriatrics, community medicine, and psychiatry. They know when to treat you, and when to bring in another specialist you can trust.
Family physicians know that you're not just a collection of parts, symptoms or conditions. Family Physicians are uniquely qualified to treat the “whole person”, and successfully integrate all aspects of medicine in managing health care and treatment. At Calvert Family Practice Associates, we are interested in getting you healthy and keeping you healthy. Family physicians are specially trained in preventive medicine. They know how your family's health history can affect your health. At Calvert Family Practice Associates we believe that preventing a health problem is better than having to overcome one. We can help you make the right health choices, to keep you and your family healthy.
All the staff in our office work as a team to provide you with quality medical care. We are proud of the training and abilities of each of our staff. We want you to have the confidence in them that we do, so we can all work together to meet your family’s medical needs.
The specialty of Family Medicine is centered on lasting, caring relationships with patients and their families. Family physicians really know their patients, they listen to them and take time with them, and help them make the right health care decisions. They are highly trained in the most up-to-date treatments and technologies. At Calvert Family Practice Associates, we know that patients want more than a medical diagnosis – they want the comprehensive, personalized care that a family physician offers.
At Calvert Family Practice Associates, we know that no one knows you... like you. That's why we take time with you, listen to your concerns, answer your questions, and respect your priorities.
An array of services to meet your needs
Calvert Family Practice Associates welcomes you and every member of your family and wants you to know about our full scope of services:
- Acute Care for illness, injury and chronic medical conditions.
- Same Day appointments.
- Extended hours for urgent visits - open as early as 7:00 am.
- Saturday hours.
- Newborn and routine pediatric exams (well-baby and well-child checkups, school, camp and sports physicals).
- Adolescent medicine.
- Adult and geriatric healthcare.
- Physical exams for health maintenance, work, school, insurance and DOT.
- Routine care for illness, injury and chronic medical conditions.
- Women's health services (annual pelvic exams, Pap smears, family planning and other gynecological services).
- Preventive immunizations and vaccines.
- Preventive health and wellness services, including cancer screening and healthy lifestyle promotion.
- Physician on-call 24-hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.
- On-site phlebotomy/blood drawing.
- Laboratory services.
- Patient education materials.
Connect with your CFPA Provider using Patient Portal
Faster, reliable communication accessible 24/7 is only a click away
Calvert Family Practice Associates now offers electronic communication between you and your healthcare providers. Tired of playing phone tag? An Internet-based Patient Portal simplifies communication with your CFPA provider and eliminates time-consuming phone calls to the practice. Whether you want to schedule an appointment or review your latest test results, the Patient Portal delivers the information you need through a convenient, easy-to-use Patient Portal.
This internet-based Patient Portal is a secure, confidential and easy-to-use website giving you 24-hour access to review health information sent from the CFPA office. Secure messages and information can be viewed only by those individuals who enter the correct username and password to log-in to the Calvert Family Practice Associates NextGen Patient Portal site. By signing up and enrolling with the CFPA NextGen Patient Portal, you will be able to:
- Correspond online with CFPA providers
- Request appointments and receive appointment reminders
- Receive important health information that is sent from your physician's office, including medications, immunizations and test results.
- View medication lists and request prescription refills
- Obtain educational health information
- Maintain account information including user name, password, access privileges and email address.
Partner with your provider for better health
The Patient Portal is a secure, confidential, and easy- to-use website that gives patients and their families 24-hour access to their medical records. It uses the latest encryption technology to deliver secure communication between patients and providers.
This patient portal is intended to save you time and enhance the flow of communication between you and your healthcare provider. It does not allow for any type of diagnosis or medical advice, and should never be used in an emergency situation. You may still contact Calvert Family Practice Associates by telephone at any time. Keep in mind that it will be your responsibility to keep your username and password secure and confidential.
Who can sign up?
Patients and their legal guardians can sign up for Patient Portal in accordance to the Terms and Conditions of the website. Just tell your provider who you would like to enroll and you are on your way to connecting with your provider.
Sign up Today. It's quick and easy!
You can sign up and register for the CFPA NextGen Patient Portal by providing the office with your name and email address at check-in during your next visit or stop by our office. In turn, our staff will give you an instruction sheet that includes an activation code, known as an enrollment token. The enrollment token will allow you to log in to the system and create your own private user name and password. From any device, log onto www.CalvertFamilyPractice.com or www.NextMD.com and choose Enroll Now to complete your enrollment in the Calvert Family Practice Associates NextGen Patient Portal secure patient portal.
Click here to visit the CFPA NextGen Patient Portal.